Subject: Re: AVI/MPEG2/MPEG4 (DivX) player for NetBSD ?
To: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/2001 22:03:45
On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> Is anyone busy on porting SDL allready? Or are there other movie players
> for NetBSD ? The mplayer is not useable on non i-386 platforms for it
> contains a lot of assembler and is really focused on the i386 linux...

SDL 1.1.6 is in pkgsrc already (devel/SDL)...

Tomasz Luchowski and I attempted to get avifile working a while back but
failed.. I'm not sure if this was due to the thread problem visible with
xmms or if it had something to do with the Wine code snippets (Wine
doesn't work on NetBSD 1.5, but I don't know the exact reason why).
Hopefully neither of these problems affect XMPS..

If you need any help in packaging this application, I'll be more than
happy to lend a hand.

Jared