Subject: Re: is this a bug or a performance problem with UBC/UVM?
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/2001 05:13:13
I think you're exaggerating a bit, matt.  a problem that only shows up
in DEBUG kernels in a pre-release, development version of an OS, and
there only in certain relatively obscure cases (since you're the first
person to report this as being a problem, after all) with an easy workaround
doesn't seem that to be that big of a deal.  even at that, the reason
I'm not going to look at the problem immediately is that I'm going
to be working on worse problems that more people are seeing, such
as the bit where things seem to "freeze up" that you mentioned also.
I think that I've got the right priorities here.

but then again, I shouldn't be the only person who can work on this.
would anyone else like to figure out why this printf is being triggered?

(or is this just a misunderstanding?  the bit that I was saying was
further down the priority list was the printf being triggered, which
is what I thought you were asking about.  the performance problems
are what I'm about to start looking into next.)

-Chuck