Subject: Re: kern/11627
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 02/01/2001 11:03:50
Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com> writes:

> > Only in i386, I presume?  In my case, the ISA bus _is_ behind pcib.
>
> Will this work for EISA, though?  That's what kern/11627 was all about.

Yes, this will work for EISA as well. Again, our pceb attachment
doesn't do anything sophisticated, and the mainbus attach code for
EISA should work as well.

(Even if there are systems where we need the pceb just to detect the
existence of EISA, we could still keep eisa* at pceb? and nuke isa* at
pceb?)

        - Nathan