Subject: Re: question about anoncvs usage
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2001 16:27:20
On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, John F. Woods wrote:

: I ftp'd the tarballs for -current yesterday, unpacked them, and I'm now doing
: a cvs checkout so I can start tracking current.  I was hoping that having the
: files already unpacked would save time, but instead cvs checkout is announcing
: that essentially every file in the tree is "in the way" and should be moved.
: Is this normal, and will I have a successfully synced-up tree ready to go
: when cvs is finished?  Or am I going to have to blow away the tree and start
: over, letting cvs transfer the files for itself (again, apparently, since
: "cvs checkout" is taking quite a long time)?

Once you have a tree with the CVS files, you need to use "cvs update", NOT
"cvs checkout".  "checkout" is for fetching the files for the first time.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/