Subject: Re: chrooted bind
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2001 14:58:52
On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 12:46:28PM +0100, Feico Dillema wrote:
> It would already be nice to have named
> statically linked by default for this, or is the price of this
> considered to high?

Um, so maybe I'm missing something (actually, I am for sure, since I
know I've done this before), but exactly *how* does one make BIND
9.1.0 link statically?

Adding -static to CFLAGS in bind-9.1.0/bin/named/Makefile does
precisely jack, and my notes from 8.2.2-p5 just say "link
statically" without illuminating how I did it...

(Incidentally, it's not the end of the world to just do an ldd on
named and toss copies of the appropriate libraries in the chroot,
but that's mighty clumsy.)

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net