Subject: dhcpd dies even with ddns-updates off
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Tracy Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/2001 06:00:19
I'm running dhcpd on i386, 1.5.1_ALPHA about three weeks old.  Yesterday
I installed a new machine, added it to /etc/dhcpd.conf, and then whenever
it tried to get an address, dhcpd would die, core dump, sig 11.  I removed
the new machine from /etc/dhcpd.conf, in case there was something odd with
that, but now no matter which machine that had been able to get addresses
before tries, dhcpd dies after DHCPDISCOVER & DHCPOFFER, as it's receiving
DHCPREQUEST.

I've done some reading, and I had already had ddns-updates off set before
ever seeing this problem, and I don't see anything else in the dhcp faq
that applies.  Any ideas?

I've run ktrace on it, the output from kdump is available from
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gendalia/dhcpd.kdump.out.txt

Thanks for any help.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager