Subject: Re: login_cap(2)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/24/2001 20:50:17
Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 09:41:04PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 02:04:08PM -0800, john heasley wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > since login_cap seems half-baked (and useless for my purposes), i'd
> > prefer to just disable it.  am i missing something?
>
> I think it's not used if you don't have a login.conf file.
>
> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
> --

well, login_getclass() should return NULL.  w/o looking at each of
the programs that make use of these bits, i'd guess, that means
the childs ends up with the limits of the parent or some defaults
_that_ parent has chosen.

either way, the reslts are inhibitively low; maxproc 80 for example.