Subject: Re: login_cap(2)
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2001 16:12:24
Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 10:54:46PM +0000, Martin J. Laubach:
> | since login_cap seems half-baked (and useless for my purposes), i'd
> | prefer to just disable it.  am i missing something?
>
>   You could add it to cron and collect brownie points :)
>
> 	mjl

as you'll have to modify every daemon/tool (eg: sshd w/o the UseLogin
option) and there's still an issue wrt processes started at boot time,
is this not best hidden within init and/or {v}fork?

i've also noticed that whatever governs the maxproc limit _appears_
to consider the number of current processes on the system, not the
number of processes owned by the user.  i have not watched closely
enough be certain that is the case.  anyone else?