Subject: Re: netbsd-current kernel on Asus A7V
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2001 15:27:46
johani@autonomica.se (Johan Ihren) writes:
> I have a A7V with a 1GHz Athlon running -current as of around January
> 14 (give or take a few days). It's strict GENERIC as of that time with
> no fixes whatsoever.

Thanks!  GENERIC working on the A7V was the key.  My config had the
following enabled and that was what was causing my boot to hang.

    options 	PCIBIOS			# PCI BIOS support
    options 	PCIBIOSVERBOSE		# PCI BIOS verbose info
    options 	PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP	# fixup PCI I/O addresses
    options 	PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP	# fixup PCI bus numbering
    options 	PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP	# fixup PCI interrupt routing
    #options 	PCIBIOS_IRQS_HINT=0x0a00 # PCI interrupts hint. IRQ 9 or 11
    options 	PCIBIOS_INTR_GUESS	# see pcibios(4)
    #options 	PCIINTR_DEBUG		# super-verbose PCI interrupt fixup

Either my upgrading the board's bios changed something vital or the
kernel's handling of "PCIBIOS" changed in some way in the last
month...

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>