Subject: Re: uvm panic?
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@nominum.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/2001 15:04:46
> Is yours consistent - happen every time?  If it does this may be very
> handy (not for you but better for debugging).  I did have someone
> looking at this but it was hard to definitively say if the problem was
> fixed or not because it happened infrequently for me and only when I
> was shutting down.

I may have this one as well - it seems to happen if ntpd is running,
and the panic is in pmap_unwire.   Apologies for not chiming in before
- I'm really skimming my email, and didn't notice what was being
discussed.   I'm airborne right now and can't look at the PR, so I
don't know if it's the same panic, but if it is, I'd be more than
happy to help debug it - it happens to me probably three of every four
shutdowns if I don't kill -9 ntpd before shutting down.

			       _MelloN_