Subject: Re: Why my life is sucking. Part 2.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p@ppires.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/2001 01:36:57
On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 02:15:15PM -0700, Herb Peyerl wrote:
> Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>  wrote:
>  > Herb, do you think you might have a case of a gasping drive?  Just a
>  > thought; trying to think of everything that might cause it to fail...
>
> Anything is possible.  I know these are 2 brand new IBM 45G disks that I
> bought 2 weeks ago.  I haven't seen any errors come up in dmesg.
>
> 	wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0: <IBM-DTLA-307045>
> 	wd1 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 0: <IBM-DTLA-307045>
>
> As I mentioned a bit ago, Lukem was experiencing some 'problems' on a
> machine he recently built and determined the problems to be a weak
> powersupply.  I don't know about power-supply brands.  This is a
> generic 300W from a local computer-pusher.

Well, 300W has always worked for me, even with 4 HDs (even though they were
not as big as yours, but that probably doesn't make such a difference), plus
CD-ROM and 4mm tape on a Pentium-II, and I doubt it is from a remarkable
brand (if there's a brand name on it at all).

--
	Pappires

... Qui habet aurem audiendi audiat quid Spiritus dicat ecclesiis.