Subject: Re: Why my life is sucking. Part 2.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
List: current-users
Date: 01/17/2001 22:27:33
| reason for considering not using raid are due to the almost 2 hour
| fsck/parity rebuild that happened when I rebooted after the panic this
| morning.  That's not something I want to go through in the event that
| my machine crashes.

  In fact, the raid startup script launches the parity rebuild
to be run backgrounded. However, I noticed that due to disk
thrashing, the reboot takes ages -- so I just put a "sleep 200"
before the rebuild starts. This is enough time to make the
machine boot and reach a relative quiet state, so rebuilding
parity runs unnoticed in the background.

	mjl