Subject: problems with Xfree 4.0.2
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/2001 22:53:03
I've gotten everything built and installed from the xsrc/xfree/xc
directory, and am trying to get the Xserver running. However, I
encounter some problems:

1) When xdm is run, it runs X based on this (normal) line from
   xdm/Xservers:

    :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X vt05

   But X complains "unrecognized option vt05. Looking in the allowable
   options, it appears that X expects the actual name of the tty (ttyE4).

2) If I startup X using startx, it does give me the video, and the
   mouse works (I'm using wsmouse), but the keyboard is completely
   dead, including the hotkeys to switch to other vt's (this may be,
   no *probably* is, related to the first problem).

This machine was working great with XFree 3.3.6 before I upgraded.  So
what am I missing?