Subject: Blowfish versus Rijndael: Cipher Speed?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Secret Asian Man <cchen@nougat.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/2001 16:31:08
Right now I have a lot of IPsec boxes using blowfish, since they're x86
and the asm blowfish runs quite fast; However, with the new AES stuff,
and Rijndael, I've given thought to testing... Anyway, has anyone else
done any testing (I'm not really asking for IPsec speeds, just raw
algorithm speeds, you know...) with the raw speeds of either algorithm?

I guess I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Jason for committing
those handcoded blowfish algorithms. It's nice to be able to get 24mb/sec
in software on a little celeron.

Just wondering,

cc

--