Subject: Re: CVS bloat?
To: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/2001 12:11:45
>> thanks, but i've been making my own builds of 4.0.x from the xfree
>> anoncvs server.  it finally seemed to be coming together and then
>> 4.0.2 was released.  then netbsd popped a copy (?) into their own
>> anoncvs tree and i have the sneaking suspicion that it will contain
>> the "missing bits" (wsmouse, etc) that might make this all a lot more
>> enjoyable for me.
>
>XFree 4.0.2 supports wsmouse.  It's just that xf86cfg doesn't list it
>as an option.  So you have to know it's there, and you have to type it
>in manually, as well as telling it to use /dev/wsmouse instead of
>/dev/mouse.

i sort of did that, then just copied the XF86Config file it was using
as scratch space and edited it myself.  adding wsmouse et al works
fine.  thanks.

now i *finally* have x running (phew!), although the only thing i took
from 4.0.2 was the server.  that's really all i need.

now if i could only get the alt key to work as a meta key...

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|