Subject: Re: Maestro driver working (was: Maestro 2E in FreeBSD 4.2 working)
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
From: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/2001 09:05:59
Luke Mewburn wrote:

>         mixerctl -w outputs.master=10,255
> turns down the right speaker and turns up the left, rather than the
> other way around.

  You are right, the same happens here!

> Is this a bug in the driver or a bug in the 5000e's wiring of the
> internal speakers?

  From the definitions in the header files (which have been about my
only "documentation" in this respect), the driver seems to do it the
wrong way here.  However, sifting through the comments in the "other"
drivers it seems like there actually may be different wirings on
different hardware!

  Well, since the 5000e seems to be consistent with what the header
files say, I will swap this for the moment.  We might be needing some
more flexible solution if other people report this to be the wrong way
'round for them.

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene