Subject: Re: Maestro driver working (was: Maestro 2E in FreeBSD 4.2 working)
To: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/2001 17:23:28
On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 11:52:04PM +0100, Dr. Rene Hexel wrote:
> "Rene Hexel" wrote:
>   It took me a bit longer than expected, mainly because documentation
> for that chip is close to zero, but eventually I got it up and running.
>
> [...]
>
>   I have tested the driver on my Dell Inspiron 5000e, feedback from
> other systems, comments, and suggestions are very much appreciated!  If
> nobody objects, I intend to commit the driver in the next days.

I'm using the `in tree' version of this driver on my 5000e, and it's
excellent work!

One minor glitch; it appears that the left & right controls for the
internal speakers are reversed. E.g, when using one of the pkgsrc
mixer programs to `fade' left or right it acts as if you've faded it
the opposite way. Also, doing
	mixerctl -w outputs.master=10,255
turns down the right speaker and turns up the left, rather than the
other way around.

Is this a bug in the driver or a bug in the 5000e's wiring of the
internal speakers?

--
Luke Mewburn  <lukem@wasabisystems.com>  http://www.wasabisystems.com
Luke Mewburn     <lukem@netbsd.org>      http://www.netbsd.org