Subject: Re: eventual keyboard lockup under XFree86 4.0.2
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/2001 22:36:23
According to Andrew Gillham:

>Other than the gamma problem (text consoles getting progressively darker)
>I've used XFree86 4.0 in the past without any problems like this.
>I'm not using right now, but I hope to convert my main machine this
>weekend.

I see the gamma problem too with XFree86 4.0.2 (freshly checked out of
CVS) with a nvidia Geforce2 GTS card.  The first time I quit the X
sesion I can barely see the dark blue text (yeah it is blue, my
default text console is white text on a black background) by cranking
the brightness and contrast right up on my monitor.  After a couple
more rounds of X I cannot see a thing even with the monitor cranked
right up and need a reboot to bring it back.