Subject: Re: Sequent?
To: Matthias Pfaller <leo@lethe.dachau.marco.de>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/2000 15:46:32
Matthias Pfaller said:

>Just one more thing. The ns32k sequents did use ns32032 and ns32332
>iirc. Due to this you would not be able to use shared libraries on a
>ns32k sequent (at least not the way we do it on the pc532). NetBSD/pc532
>is running the ns32532 in direct exception mode. Only because of this
>the sb register we are using as the GOT pointer is not trashed on kernel
>entry. Anything before the ns32532 did not have direct exception mode.

I've never seen anything other than Intel based Sequents. I've worked
with systems from the late eighties up until the mid nineties.

The first one I worked on was an updated Balance machine that had
20 386/16 processors and handled 350 interactive users plus multiple
Progress databases and a newsfeed.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com