Subject: Re: current libc broken?
To: Mario Kemper <magick@bundy.lip.owl.de>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/27/2000 20:40:43
>for some time now my libc is broken. After a make install in /usr/src/lib
>i get the following after the new lib is installed:

	the symptom does not repeat here.  could you please let me know about
	the following?
	- do you have any particular value set to $LANG or $LC_CTYPE?
	  is there any behavioral change if you don't set them?
	- do you have any LC_CTYPE declaration file under /usr/share/locale?
	  particularly those generated by chrtbl(8)?
	  in this case, you may want to update lib/libc/locale again,
	  there were some mistakes in backward compatibility code.

itojun