Subject: Re: perl5 - broken under VirtualPC.
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/26/2000 15:12:29
Peter Seebach wrote:

>Unfortunately, I have no idea at all *why*.  I would be open to suggestions
>on how to proceed.  I'm assuming this will turn out to be specific to VPC,
>given that it doesn't seem to happen on any of my other boxes, but I can't
>imagine *how* it could be specific to VPC.

I've seen similar problems trying to install programs in Windows-95/98
under VPC.  They install fine on my laptop but fail to install under VPC.
 I suspect there are some problems in the emulation within VPC, but like
you don't have a clue what it might be.

BTW, is this under the latest version of VPC?  My experience is with V2.x
and V3.x

-bob