Subject: Re: network lossage in -current kernel
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: current-users
Date: 12/25/2000 03:12:36
Mutt made me believe that Rick Kelly wrote:
> Wolfgang Rupprecht said:
>
> >Are other folks seeing this???
>
> With a 1.5P kernel, ping still worked, but traceroute didn't. I could
> connect with telnet, but would never get a prompt. And ssh would just
> hang. I believe nslookup was working.
>
> Luckly, I had a 1.5N kernel laying around...

I just backed out a change to net/pfil.[ch], netinet/ip_fil.c,
netinet/ip_input.c, and netinet6/ip6_input.c -- please try updating
those files and building a new kernel, and report if that fixes the
problem for you, too.

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
To live for some future goal is shallow. It's the sides of the mountain