Subject: network lossage in -current kernel
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/24/2000 11:37:16
I compiled up a new kernel and userland yesterday afternoon.  Booting
seemed to delay around anything that required name resolution.  Laying
on the ^C and ^\ keys whacked enough things so that I could at least
get to a shell.  "ndc restart" did appear to restart the named, but no
data was forthcoming.  Loading an older named from backup didn't help.
Rebooting with a Nov-27 userland didn't help any.  Rebooting with a
Dec-23 kernel and Nov-27 userland did fix things.  Just to be certain
I cvs-updated again at 5pm PST yesterday, deleted the old kernel build
directory, config-ed, depended and rebuilt the kernel again.  Same
deal.  The -current kernel seems screwed.

Now not everything is broken, local lan ssh's work.  Local lan pings
work.  For all I know, only 53/udp is broken.  Since this is my only
machine thats on the net I didn't want to screw around too much.

Are other folks seeing this???

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>