Subject: Re: anoncvs server problem?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Ian Main <imain@gtk.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/2000 13:44:12
On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 02:26:49PM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Rick Byers wrote:
>
> > > Nothing new. "cvs" gets all screwed up when checking out "src" --
> > > which is a composite module -- with tags. Better to expand the source
> > > tarballs for NetBSD-1.4.3, and then run "cvs update" on that.
> >
> > Thanks.  I didn't do that originally because I didn't want to have to fix
> > all the CVS/Root files (they don't have :pserver: in them).  Also all the
> > files are sticky to netbsd-1-4-PATCH003, but I guess thats ok as long as I
> > wallways specify -rnetbsd-1-4.
>
> "-A -rnetbsd-1-4" clears all the old sticky tags and makes
> "netbsd-1-4" sticky. Same for "-rnetbsd-1-4", except that won't clear
> sticky -k flags that were mistakenly left on checked in files, even if
> they're later cleared in the repository. It's my policy to always
> specify the tag explicitly, anyway, 'cause why take chances?
>
> The fact that a root specified with "-d" doesn't propagate to the
> CVS/Root files (on "cvs update") is a bug, IMO. Does anyone know why
> you *wouldn't* want that.

No idea, but the CVS/Root files always override CVSROOT too, which is
a bit counter-intuitive.

The problem I have getting the src from cvs, is that there are directories
that get in the way of building some things (they are the same name as
the file gcc wants to output). Then you rm them to make the build work,
but then later when you update, cvs will bail cause it can't cd into them.
Am I the only one who sees this ?  Is there a way around it and still
be able to use cvs ?

Thanks!

	Ian