Subject: Re: anoncvs server problem?
To: Rick Byers <RickB@BigScaryChildren.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/2000 14:26:49
On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Rick Byers wrote:

> > Nothing new. "cvs" gets all screwed up when checking out "src" --
> > which is a composite module -- with tags. Better to expand the source
> > tarballs for NetBSD-1.4.3, and then run "cvs update" on that.
>
> Thanks.  I didn't do that originally because I didn't want to have to fix
> all the CVS/Root files (they don't have :pserver: in them).  Also all the
> files are sticky to netbsd-1-4-PATCH003, but I guess thats ok as long as I
> wallways specify -rnetbsd-1-4.

"-A -rnetbsd-1-4" clears all the old sticky tags and makes
"netbsd-1-4" sticky. Same for "-rnetbsd-1-4", except that won't clear
sticky -k flags that were mistakenly left on checked in files, even if
they're later cleared in the repository. It's my policy to always
specify the tag explicitly, anyway, 'cause why take chances?

The fact that a root specified with "-d" doesn't propagate to the
CVS/Root files (on "cvs update") is a bug, IMO. Does anyone know why
you *wouldn't* want that.

--

Frederick