Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5-Release Apm0 help
To: Bruno Flavio <bruno.f@onebox.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/2000 00:44:22
"Bruno Flavio" wrote:

> Hiya Guyz,
>
> I just installed NetBSD 1.5-RELEASE on my Dell Insipron 5000e laptop,
> and due to a bug in the apm code(which causes grief linux/openbsd and
> netbsd), I cannot boot my laptop.

Are you able to recompile a new kernel?  I've got a kernel patch that
disables part of the apm internals (the power/battery check) so my 5000e
will boot, and still be able to suspend.

If you can't, then the following _may_ work:  At the boot prompt, type
"boot -d".  In ddb, type "w apm_enabled 0", then "cont".  That should
disable apm altogether, but I haven't tried it.

Simon.
NetBSD Sales, Support and Service:  http://www.wasabisystems.com/