Subject: Re: SUP/FTP tree of NetBSD-current/-release will switch on Dec 15
To: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/2000 18:54:51
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, John Kohl wrote:

: Todd> Third time in this thread:  Sup is not meant to be used for tracking
: Todd> explicit releases, period.  If this fact needs better _documentation_, I'm
: Todd> quite happy to provide it.
:
: For every major release prior to 1.5 (e.g. 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4), it *was*
: possible to use sup to get the release sources via the "current"
: collection for some time after the release.  That was not possible this
: time around (an unfortunate oversight).

Yes, this was an oversight and will be fixed for 1.5.1.

However, that was not the issue I was addressing.  The original author was
expecting the -release sup collection to stay fixed until the *next release*
was finished, at which time it would update and again stay fixed.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/