Subject: Re: softdep panic
To: None <jsarkes@tiac.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/2000 13:31:53
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Joseph Sarkes wrote:

# Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:13:42 -0500 (EST)
# From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js1.jsnet>
# To: current-users@netbsd.org
# Subject: softdep panic
#
# I am typing this in manually (no serial console set up
# at this time)
#
# panic softdep_write_inodeblock direct pointer #1 mismatch 0!=801573
# initiate_write_inodeblock
# softdep_disk_io_inititation
# spec_strategy
# bwrite
# ffs_update
# ffs_truncate
# ufs_setattr
# sys_ftruncate
# syscall_plain
#
# when I do sync in ddb for a crashdump it goes south and drops
# back to the debugger with a can't complaint I don't remember,
# and I have to go through the whole fsck thing
#
# I can probably repeat this again if needed (done it 3 times
# already, trying to compile a wine tree)

Odd.  i get a panic when I halt/reboot while a different
filesystem than root is being accessed (sparc.sun4m.ss5
netbsd-sparc-1.5M[current]).

"I don't think this is germane to a specific architecture."

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: Net Some Nines.