Subject: Re: SUP/FTP tree of NetBSD-current/-release will switch on Dec 15
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: None <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/2000 14:51:50
The release branch for 1.5 was 6 months in length...During which time
real bugs did creep in and/or were found as side effects and had to get fixed.

This might work for X.Y.Z releases but the mainline releases even in good cases
take a while to cook and a new user coming in and supping -release would
be reasonably surprised to possibly get something labeled 1.6Alpha or something
similiar.

James