Subject: Re: ray driver, Pro cards, and Windows
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/2000 00:14:04
Jason R Thorpe writes:
> I've just committed some changes that should fix the interoperability
> issue between NetBSD's ray driver and the Windows drivers for the
> Aviator Pro cards.  The change is to support the 802.11 authentication
> frames.
>
> If you were having trouble with the Pro cards, please update to the latest
> driver (in -current, NOT 1.5), and try it out.

Hi Jason,

Do you have any idea whether this is also a problem for 'wi' cards?
The latest Windows driver (6.x?) drops the "ad-hoc demo mode" and won't
communicate with NetBSD in the new peer to peer mode.  I can't remember
the exact term and I have the older (4.x?) drivers loaded. :-)

Thanks.

-Andrew