Subject: Re: Aironet driver for NetBSD anyone?
To: None <johani@cafax.se>
From: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/2000 15:22:38
> It won't be too hard to port FreeBSD 'an' driver into NetBSD, but I'd like
> to merge hardware related part with wi driver.  From my understanding,
> 'an' and 'wi' are same/similar chipset with different firmware.
>
> Though I've failed to get cisco card, I'll try to look into this.

I've just ported the 'an' driver from FreeBSD without substantial
modifications...

Atsushi Onoe
Port 'an' driver for Aironet PC4500/PC4800 IEEE802.11 card from FreeBSD.
This is very adhoc work for IETF meeting.
- Since it seems that 'an' and 'wi' have similar hardware, low level
  functions should be shared.
- There are PCI/ISA cards of Aironet but not supported yet.
- The wiconfig interface is changed so that wiconfig cannot be used.
- 'ancontrol' of FreeBSD is not ported.
- Only infrastructure mode is tested.
- WEP is not supported.

Though I only have an Aironet card, Cisco card should be expected to work.