Subject: Re: Shared memory problems anyone ?
To: None <imain@gtk.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/2000 14:31:20
According to Ian Main:

>I'm running a -current kernel as of about 2 weeks ago.  I'm afraid I
>haven't debugged any further than this.. I'm mostly just curious if
>anyone else has seen this problem, or if I'm just a freak ? :)

What does the "ipcs" command tell you?  It sounds like you are using
up all your available semaphores - the ipc resources are not released
when a process dies, they persist until they are explicitly removed.
If you have something that is not cleaning up after itself then you
will get the effect of things working just after a reboot but failing
later.  If you need more semaphores then you will need to increase the
SEMMNI(default is 10) and SEMMNS(default is 60) in your kernel config.