Subject: -current problems
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/2000 19:21:41
I have a few startup problems with NetBSD/i386 1.5L/1.5M.

I just moved the startup stuff over from /usr/src/etc. The system was
running -current from late April.

rpcbind with /etc/netconfig from 1.5L:

Dec  9 18:32:22 roothog rpcbind: cannot get local address for udp6: servname not supported for ai_socktype
Dec  9 18:32:22 roothog rpcbind: cannot get local address for tcp6: servname not supported for ai_socktype
Dec  9 18:32:22 roothog rpcbind: cannot get local address for udp: servname not supported for ai_socktype
Dec  9 18:32:22 roothog rpcbind: cannot get local address for tcp: servname not supported for ai_socktype

And rpcbind doesn't start up without /etc/netconfig.

I'm seeing and error from /etc/rc about $kerberos not being set right.

And /etc/rc.d/fsck.sh seems to be looking for non-existant raidframe
devices?

And it looks like /var/run/dev.db has disappeared. How do I recreate
it?

Thanks.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com