Subject: panic: kernel diagnostic assertion
To: NetBSD current-users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@hermit.home.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/08/2000 13:57:10
Hi...

I am running a i386 -current kernel built yesterday with the then up
to date sources (i.e. approx. 7.12., 21:00 GMT). The problem didn_t
occur with a kernel built approx. 24 hours before that with the then
up to date sources. (Of course the user land got updated at the same
time.)

I'd like to provide more info, but a dump was refused. Here is part of
the trace. If you need more data, just tell me how to obtain it.

panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "pcg->pcg_avail < PCG_NOBJECTS"
  failed: file "/usr/cvs.netbsd/src/sys/kern/subr_pool.c", line 1606

Stopped in reaper at cpu_Debugger+0x4: leave

Trace:
cpu_Debugger...
panic...
__assert...
pool_cache_put...
pmap_destroy...
uvmspace_free...
uvm_exit...
reaper...

(I didn't write down the numbers, therefor the ...)

I update my sources right now and will try to reproduce the problem
with the new system as well.

Bye,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use GPG! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)