Subject: scsi quiestions
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/2000 11:47:23
I'm trying ncr54c9x driver on SUNW,fas controller and got
following:

During TEST_UNIT_READY I see device selected and controller
sent message and command to the device, then I see controller
reporting message_in phase and after controller issues
'TRANSFER_INFORMATION" command it got 'command completed' message
back from device. Controller uses 'MESSAGE_ACCEPTED' command
and got device disconnected from the bus. A moment later it got
reselected by that device. When driver got 'command comleted'
message it frees ecb block so it can not process reselection.

There is no STATUS phase in this sequence, and so the question
is: does it seem normal? I have litle scsi experience so
any pointers to information apreciated.

Thanks,
	Andrey