Subject: Re: mrtg requires X11?
To: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/2000 15:22:39
If xpm wants xmkmf, then it's likely it'll want X includes and libs too.

A statically compiled binary package would probably do what you need.
Has there ever been a discussion of static packages for some of the
smaller tools that depend on X?

							David

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 01:44:48PM -0600, John Maier wrote:
> X is not required.
>
> You *shouldn't* have to create any directories.  The pkg system is very good
> at making directories needed.  i.e. /usr/pkg doesn't exist after a fresh
> install, yet it and all directories in it quickly get made during pkg
> builds.

All this stuff in twice the space would only look half as bad!
					      - me