Subject: Re: Help wanted with following NetBSD-current
To: Jan H. van Gils <JanVG@Knoware.NL>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/2000 15:17:35
The problem is that the system bootstraps itself - any part of the
OS might be need updating to build the next version of the OS.

There's no practical way (that I can think of) to maintain all the
steps you might have to follow at any given time, because they
constantly change.

There have been some good guidelines posted in the past on what
order to follow when updateing a system - then the problems you
encounter will be only the specific exceptions to those guidelines.

In general, look at the error message and try rebuilding the tool
that gave the error - especially if it's something like 'unknown
option' - it probably means the tool is out of date.

						David

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive