Subject: Re: Spreadsheets on NetBSD?
To: David Maxwell , Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 11/29/2000 08:15:07
On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 08:53:40PM -0500, David Maxwell wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 07:35:36PM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> >
> > My current options:
> >
> > * Linux Applixware 5.0.  Haven't played with the spreadsheet much, but I'm
> > not sure I trust it to run reliably, having had some quirks on the initial
> > setup.
> > * FreeBSD Applixware 5.0.  Haven't been able to get it to run.
>
> How about NetBSD Applixware? Mycroft ported it for them. I don't know which
> version. If it's not listed on the webpage, you might try emailing them.

Would be nice to have a native version of Applix!  I've been using Applixware
for a few years now and it has always been rock solid (I run the linux binary
on NetBSD).  I still have the X server speed problem I complained about, but
other than that, Applix works very well indeed.  I haven't upgraded to 5.0
yet, though (because I don't think I can really get an update here in Finland,
it seems I have to buy Applixware again and again (have bought it thrice so
far)).

Gnumeric looks good, too, but I haven't tried doing anything serious with
it.

  -jm