Subject: Re: Spreadsheets on NetBSD?
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/29/2000 06:58:53
Jason Thorpe writes:

|  > * StarOffice 5.1:  I got it running once, and might try again, but it
|  > was painfully slow.
|
| I use SO 5.1 a lot, and it's pretty decent, speed-wise.

My SO 5.1 broke badly on me after a dump/restore on the filesystem
it was installed into, so I found myself upgrading to SO 5.2,
which is a bit more robust & a bit better-feeling than 5.1.

Downside: I had to install on a Linux system, tar up the directory
into which it was installed on the Linux system, and untar into
a directory on NetBSD.   This caused it to just work, but was a hassle.
(e.g., I don't actually run Linux myself...)

One bad bug: 5.2 (under NetBSD emulation) will abort() in any
file-selection dialogue when one introduces a / character into
the "File name:" field.  :-(

	Sean.