Subject: Re: Mozilla dumping core on png translation
To: None <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/2000 18:08:07
Greywolf writes:
> I think this is not the first message posted about this.

Nope, I mentioned this in tech-pkg also.

> Mozilla dumps core whenever asked to load a png file.  It complains
> about nspng libpng error: Application must be recompiled; \
> 	version 1.0.6 was incompatible.

Yeah, it really needs 1.0.6, or must be rebuilt.

> Does anyone out there have {sparc,i386} binaries of Mozilla built to
> use the new libpng?

I do, I have built it locally on i386 (on a couple of machines) all with
the png-1.0.8 package.  Works pretty nice. :-)

I can try to up the binaries somewhere, but I would guess a more official
package person should probably do it.

-Andrew