Subject: Re: Problem with makeunder the current source tree
To: None <ruibiao@arl.wustl.edu>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/2000 17:40:54
   On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

   >>I downloaded my current source tree yesterday because I suspected
   >>there is a sup problem.  However, when I do a "make",  I got
   >>errors as follows.  It seems to have something with crypto.  My
   >>/etc/mk.conf is updated recently too.  What should I do to fix
   >>this?  Thanks.
   >
   >	when you upgrade from older tree, you need to:
   >	# cd src/share/mk
   >	# make install

   When I did this, I got a lot of "Unknown modifier '@'", "Unknown
   modifier 'U'", and finally "make: don't know how to make }/}}@}.
   Stop."  Anything I missed?  Thanks.

	     Regards

	       Ruibiao

Hello...

Often times I have had to manually copy in the new /usr/src/share/mk stuff
into /usr/share/mk if the version of the system I was upgrading from was
much older then then new source.  Further, often times I have to manually
go into /usr/src/usr.bin/make and build a new make binary *BEFORE* doing
the manual copy.  I have yet to notice a problem using a new make binary
with an older /usr/share/mk directory and I think I only remember one
instance where the Makefile used to build 'make' wouldn't work with an
older make binary and /usr/share/mk directory.

Of course, saving off the original make binary and the contents of
/usr/share/mk is always done before I attempt this sort of thing.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://mellon.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]