Subject: Promise ATA/66 (Tripoint/Hynes HPT 366/70 (?)) on macppc?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/2000 23:35:16
Hi,

	I picked up a Promise ATA/66 card for $30 at Best Buy, now I know
I won't be able to boot from it, or even use it in OS 9.x and earlier. It
works great in my i386 machine, but I was wondering if the driver might
work on macppc. It's detected as misc. storage device for both instances
(dual channel), so at least the 1.5b2 install kernel knows  it's there.
	I wonder how difficult it would be to add OFW fcode to the on-card
FLASH and make it bootable :-) Anyone have any ideas/info on any of this?
The cheapest bootable ATA add in card for MacOS is around $100

	Chris