Subject: Re: USB->SCSI converters
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/2000 07:26:13
On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 10:13:06AM +0000, Ben Harris wrote:

 > DoeS aNyBody know which (if any) of the myriad USB-to-SCSI adaptors on the
 > market are supported by NetBSD?  From looking at the umass driver, it
 > seems that only one SCSI device can be attached to a given umass device,
 > so do those adaptors that allow multiple SCSI devices to be attached use a
 > proprietary protocol?

Yah, I'm not sure what's up with that.  The comments in the driver seem
to indicate that FreeBSD supports this ... but in a very strange way -- each
target gets a new `umass' instance?!  And I can't figure out how exactly
that manage to select the target, if that indeed works.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>