Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: Ben Collver <collver@softhome.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/2000 20:35:15
On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Ben Collver wrote:

# > Not to mention that the last time such standards were put into place,
# > we got YP and NFS, one of which is still broken and one of which was
# > horribly corruptive of data for years.
#
# In the meanwhile, what do you think of rsync over ssh as an alternative?
# (not as a standard, but as a personal practice)

I use this to keep a couple of remote personal project trees in sync
at the moment.  I've run into some problems on occasion with corrupted
bits followed by an aborted transfer message.

In general, I wouldn't be using anything like this for system databases,
for certain (database servers are still quite elegant to me).

# Ben

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: No Worries!