Subject: Re: Kerberos IV
To: <>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/2000 23:04:37
}}> This is my krb5.conf (copied from a MIT kerberos client and modified):
}}> [libdefaults]
}}>         ticket_lifetime = 600
}}>         default_realm = IASTATE.EDU
}}>         default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
}}>         default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
}}>         krb4_srvtab = /etc/srvtab
}}>         krb4_config = /etc/krb.conf
}}>         krb4_realms = /etc/krb.realms
}}
}}I don't think the heimdal stuff reads [libdefaults]krb4_*, I think you need
}}to have the files in /etc/kerberosIV
}
}I have the krb4 files in /etc/kerberosIV also, and kinit is still not
}working.  Ideas?

With the krb4 files in /etc/kerberosIV on a machine I built today from
sources cvs update'd today, telnet to the machine doesn't do encrypted,
just connects.  When I copied them to /etc/, it mostly works (K4 encrypted
telnet, K5 tickets at login, but no K4 tickets).  (i386/1.5BETA2)

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu