Subject: raidframe
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Collver <collver@softhome.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/2000 14:54:05
Hello,

My system is using NetBSD 1.5 BETA (i386) and its root and swap partitions
are within a RAID level 1 array.  After I "shutdown -h now" and boot the
machine, the RAID parity always starts DIRTY.

Is this the same problem mentioned in PR8933?  The -d option is now in
swapctl.  It would be nice for -d to modify -U for automation.

After adding "swapctl -d /dev/raid0b" to the stop command in /etc/rc.d/swap1,
and adding "# KEYWORD: shutdown" to /etc/rc.d/swap1 and /etc/rc.d/mountall
(so they are run by rc.shutdown), the RAID parity still always starts DIRTY.

Ben
--
"We all believe that BSD is the One True OS" --Paul Vixie, 1992