Subject: Re: UBC indications
To: None <jsarkes@tiac.net>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/2000 00:33:14
right, the UBC code doesn't print anything during the boot process.

the way to tell that it's there is to do a bunch of file access
that didn't fit in the cache before but that does fit now.
the amount of memory available for cached file data under UBC is
currently about 85% of the amount listed in the "avail memory = X" line.

another way to tell that it's there is to access data via both
read()/write() and via mmap() and see that these two interfaces
to the filesystem now return the same data, whereas before
you'd see cache incoherency.  I've put a program to demonstrate
this named "vmtest.c" in the same directory with the diffs.

-Chuck