Subject: Re: Kerberos IV
To: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/2000 23:13:10
"Tracy J. Di Marco White" <gendalia@iastate.edu> writes:

> I need to run zephyr, afs would be a bonus.  Are you using the pkgsrc
> zephyr?  I haven't been able to get that to compile.

The zephyr I used is one that we have hacked up at Stacken [1], it have
some rough edges but it basicly working. We have tried to clean it up
some. Two features is the we have merged in are server-side interrealm and
clientside interrealm.

> Arla pulls in the kth-krb4 pkg, which I don't think I should need to have
> pulled in on 1.5BETA, should I?

No, not really, I have it working with the current arla code, there you can
specify where your libroken, and krb4/krb5 lives. We just need to get our
act together and release it.

> This is my krb5.conf (copied from a MIT kerberos client and modified):
> [libdefaults]
>         ticket_lifetime = 600
>         default_realm = IASTATE.EDU
>         default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
>         default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
>         krb4_srvtab = /etc/srvtab
>         krb4_config = /etc/krb.conf
>         krb4_realms = /etc/krb.realms

I don't think the heimdal stuff reads [libdefaults]krb4_*, I think you need
to have the files in /etc/kerberosIV

Love

[1] ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/projects/rainbow/