Subject: Re: Kerberos IV
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/2000 09:01:52
seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:

> In message <am4s1mhosb.fsf@maxbert.e.kth.se>, Love writes:
> >It doesn't. You can get the best of two worlds (and the still have the bad
> >onces of krb4). We use a heimdal(0.3c) kdc with both krb4 and krb5 client
> >w/o any problems. Two programs left that require krb4 support (afs and
> >zephyr) for now...
>
> I must have phrased my question badly.  The *server* in question is totally
> beyond my control, is not running on NetBSD, and is running Kerberos IV.
>
> I would like to use NetBSD client systems with this server, but so far as
> I can tell, I can't.

See /usr/src/crypto/dist/heimdal/kuser/kinit.c:513 (current), if we get
back a krb4 response, a krb4 request will be done.

Now there are krb4 server around here too that I have to use. But they will
be upgraded.

You probably need a /etc/krb5.conf otherwise krb5_init_context will fail
and kinit will not reach any of the intresting parts.

Love

: lha@nutcracker ; /usr/bin/kinit lha@ADMIN.KTH.SE
lha@ADMIN.KTH.SE's Password:
: lha@nutcracker ; klist
klist: No ticket file: /tmp/krb5cc_05973a

v4-ticket file: /tmp/tkt_05973b
Principal:      lha@ADMIN.KTH.SE

  Issued           Expires          Principal
Nov  5 08:58:38  Nov  5 10:58:38  krbtgt.ADMIN.KTH.SE@ADMIN.KTH.SE