Subject: Re: cvs and source and documentation
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/2000 09:12:16
On Sat, 4 Nov 2000, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> Just add '-rnetbsd-1-5' in the checkout command, as in
> 	cvs checkout -P -rnetbsd-1-5 src
>
> I think you don't have to add `-rnetbsd-1-5' to every `cvs update'
> after that, because the tag should be sticky (that is, handled
> automatically), but it doesn't hurt. I'm not sure if it automatically
> works correctly for files that weren't there in the initial checkout.

It should (the state of the directory is kept in the CVS/Tag file),
but there's no harm in specifying the branch. I always do. In fact, on
a crusty source tree, I usually do "cvs update -A -rnetbsd-1-5", which
actually makes the checkout a little slower, but never fails to do the
right thing.

--

Frederick